Recipe by Karolina_London
Healthy vegan breakfast squares. Recipe was found on vegan-food.net
Top Review by Tofu Love
Thank you for submitting this recipe. I needed to get rid of two fujii apples that had turned a little too soft to eat on their own. The end product had a very nice, wholesome flavor that wasn't too sweet. I substituted diluted coconut milk for the rice milk and added about 1 1/2 t. of grade B maple syrup for flavor. I also used sucanat. I will definitely make this again, but will use more maple syrup (and adjust the amount of brown sugar accordingly so as not to change the sweetness) and maybe a tart apple to add more flavor. Really love that the recipe does not call for margarine or oil. And it being vegan is a real plus!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (shredded or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C
- Prepare 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) square pan with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and shredded or chopped apple. Add rice milk and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Stir in raisins.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spread and pat into pan.
- Bake at 350F/180C degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into squares in the pan, cool.