Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful breakfast, brunch, or mid-morning snack. This recipe is very versatile. Any kind of cereal works, and you can substitute dried fruit and/or nuts for part of the cereal. If using a cooked, hot cereal like oatmeal, combine with wet ingredients instead of dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 medium sized (2 3/4" diameter) muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk together with oil, milk and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; mixed well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until flour is moist (batter should be lumpy).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter, and bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
- Remove from pan immediately.
What a great way to use up all those opened boxes of cereal that accumulate in my pantry. I used Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, which made for some very chewy muffins. I definitely will be using this recipe a lot. Thanks for the great idea.
Made this recipe for the first time today & they turned out REALLY salty. Not what I was expecting. I used Honey Bunches of Oats. If I make these again I will cut the salt in half, add some cinnamon & maybe some orange flat icing. Love the idea of using up left over cereal that's been in my pantry a while. Thanks for the recipe.
These muffin were a hit. I did let my ceral soke in the milk about 20 min before I add the rest. And they were good the nest day too!!