Recipe by littleturtle
Wonderful breakfast, brunch, or mid-morning snack. This recipe is very versatile. Any kind of cereal works, and you can substitute dried fruit and/or nuts for part of the cereal. If using a cooked, hot cereal like oatmeal, combine with wet ingredients instead of dry.
Top Review by emily hauer
What a great way to use up all those opened boxes of cereal that accumulate in my pantry. I used Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, which made for some very chewy muffins. I definitely will be using this recipe a lot. Thanks for the great idea.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups breakfast cereal (like Raisin Bran, All Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 medium sized (2 3/4" diameter) muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk together with oil, milk and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; mixed well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until flour is moist (batter should be lumpy).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter, and bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
- Remove from pan immediately.