Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Line your pan with canned refrigerated biscuits and add topping of sausage and cheese; pour on egg mixture and bake. Simple and so delicious!
- 1 (12 ounce) can biscuit dough (10 count)
- 1 lb sausage, browned, drained, and cooled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter or spray 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Press biscuits onto bottom of baking dish, sealing all areas to make solid crust.
- Sprinkle with cooked sausage, then the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over meat and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until firmly set in center.
Followed directions to a "T". Everyone loved it!
I used the big biscuits that came 8 to a can. I wish I'd split them in half to better cover the bottom and then go up the sides a bit in the pan. I also used half mozzarella and half sharp cheddar cheeses. I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted more! Lol. In addition to salt and pepper, I whisked a small amount of paprika and dried thyme into the egg mixture. Made it smell more "breakfasty". The larger biscuits really rose up high. But as it cooled they settled back down into the pan. My SO gives it 3 thumbs up, LOL, one for every piece he gobbled down. Deeeelish! It could only be even more- so with some hot country gravy ladled on top. Will definite make again. (It was set after 20 minutes in the oven. I used a glass pan.)
Ugh! Its been in the oven for an hour and still not set! I hope it tastes good cause we sure are hungry!