Recipe by Lightly Toasted
I guess you'd call this OAMC......I've kind of modified it to suit my tastes, but you can put anything in these, or adjust the quanities. Soemtimes, I'll use ham, too
Top Review by Mrs. DeVelopment
This should be renamed "Perfect Hang-over Breakfast"! Which is the whole reason I tried it to begin with;) I used 1lb. Bob Evans sausage, 1lb. shredded hashbrowns (cooked well done & crispy), can of chilies, 2 dozen eggs, and about 2 cups of cheese. This amount made 10 8" burritos (whole wheat for DH) and 14 6" smaller ones for me. I decide to skip the bacon and they are still yummy. Even scaled down, it makes quite a bit & it's a reward to our friends in the morning for not drinking and driving the previous nite! thanks for this great one! PS: we microwaved for about 1 min & that was plenty.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 12 ounces of jimmy dean reduced-fat sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof frozen home fries or 1 (8 ounce) bag hash browns or 1 (8 ounce) bag O'Brien potatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3 dozen eggs (beaten well)
- 2 dozen 12-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, any flavor
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain the bacon and sausage.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Set aside.
- Leave a small amount of grease in the pan, and cook the potatoes.
- Be sure the potatoes are comepltely cooked, and properly browned--the texture is funny if you don't.
- Combine eggs and green chilies.
- Add the eggs and green chilies to the potatoes, and stir.
- When eggs are almost done, add the meats, and continue to cook, until eggs are no longer shiny.
- Add cheese, and remove from heat.
- Stir to combine.
- Spread out tortillas on counter.
- Spoon the suficient amount of egg mixture on top of tortilla, top with salsa, and roll up, burrito style.
- Wrap each individually in waxed paper, then place as many as will fit in a ziploc bag (I usually get 6-8 in a bag) Freeze.
- To reheat, leave in waxed paper and set on plate.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Let sit one minute, then unwrap and eat.