Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The kids love this because they feel like they are eating dessert for breakfast.
- 1 banana, split lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, any flavor you like
- 1⁄4 cup granola cereal or 1⁄4 cup cereal
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries or 1⁄4 cup other berries
- chocolate (optional) or fruit syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Place banana in a bowl and top with yogurt.
- Sprinkle granola or cereal over the yogurt and top with berries.
- Add a little chocolate or fruit topping syrup if desired.
- Garnish with some whipped cream and a cherry.
Yummy! The kids loved it too. No cherries for us. I have strange kids that don't like maraschino cherries but will use fresh cherries when they are in season. To mix things up a little, this is great on top of a whole grain waffle, just slice the banana. I guess you can use banana waffles too. If your grocer sells a fresh fruit smoothy mix its perfect for this. The one my grocer sells is a mix of berries. This is also great for a healthy dessert. Thanks for the great post.
This was excellent! I used a banana cream pie flavored yogurt that went well. The kids loved it of course. I didn't have a good dish to put it in so I split this up into 4 pudding cups and we all had our own individual serving. Great idea!
What's not to like?