Recipe by Harmoni
I wanted something like french toast, but I didn't have any bread. This comes out a little crispy and doesn't bake up very high so if you like a more eggy flavor and want it to bake up higher use 2 eggs.
Top Review by ja_le3sa
Delicious! I vowed to stop eating bread but was craving french toast & this recipe hit the spot! Super easy to make! Has a very light feeling to it & will definitely be making again! I used an 8x8 pan instead of a larger pan because I thought it would spread too thin & I loved how it came out. I would recommend around the size I used. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small banana (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to 425.
- Put butter into pan (I used an 11x8 pan for 2 servings) and put pan in oven until butter is melted, then remove.
- Mix flour, baking and cinnamon together. Add milk and mix well.
- Add egg (one at a time if you are using more than 1 egg) and then add sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla. Cut up a banana into what ever size pieces you would like (I did slices in half), fold banana pieces into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how many eggs you used.
- I topped mine with powdered sugar.