Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this mixture to bread just about any type of meat. It's very forgiving and versatile, and helps to create a good gravy with the drippings as well. All the amounts are approximate -- I really just dump 'em in until it looks right!
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- Mix it all together! I usually save an old bread crumbs canister and just fill it with all the ingredients, then shake thoroughly to mix.
- For perfect, moist pork chops with gravy, pound them thin, press mixture into both sides of (dry) chop, then fry in a preheated pan with oil until golden brown. Remove chops and add a couple cups of water to the pan. Deglaze pan and stir until it boils. Add chops and simmer for five minutes. If mixture doesn't thicken enough, or you want to make it more flavorful, add more of the mix directly to the water and stir constantly with whisk.
- This breading can be used on pork, chicken, or beef. It results in a moist and delicious meal every time.