Recipe by yooper
A very different way to serve a standing rib roast! The "crust" seals in the juices, resulting in a very tender roast!
Top Review by Angelofraa
This was a great change to normal old standing rib roast. Most of my family likes their meat well done and the breading helped keep the meat moist through the cooking time. Wasn't hard to make either.
- 4 lbs rib roast
- ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 325.
- Wash and pat dry the roast.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped garlic, butter and olive oil.
- Stir to blend well.
- Place the seasoned rib roast in garlic mixture and turn to coat, rubbing in into the meat.
- Add a little more oil if it doesn't completely coat the meat.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Press the bread crumb mixture into the meat, completely covering the roast.
- Place meat on a roasting rack inside of a shallow baking pan.
- Roast in a prehated oven until desired doneness; about 2 hours.
- Rare roast beef is 120 to 125 degrees.
- Well done beef is 160 degrees.