Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a little different from others in that it uses worcestershire sauce in the egg mix. We love how it gives the chops a little extra "zing." We usually have this with a green vegetable and potatoes. I've also listed a variation of this recipe to make a cheese-topped pork chop. Note: If you're making the chops without cheese, you might want to try learninscratch's directions for a delicious orange sauce -- they can be found in her review.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- cooking spray, such as Pam
- In small bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper; mix well. In another small bowl, combine egg and worcestershire sauce. Coat pork chops with seasoned flour; dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops; cook until browned on both sides. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5-7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
- For oven-baked pork chops: Prepare as directed above. Place in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with a cooking oil such as Pam. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- To make a cheese-topped pork chop: Decrease bread crumbs to 1/4 cup. Mix crumbs with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. When chops are thoroughly cooked, top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato slice. Cover; heat until tomato is hot and cheese begins to melt.
My 6 year son said they were better then chicken nuggets (which is a big deal coming from a kid). I baked mine. The only difference is I used Italian breadcrumbs instead of plain.
I normally don't like fried foods, but this was awesome.
Great pork chops, moist and tender. I added 2 T parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs. I followed the instructions for baking and everyone enjoyed them. I will make this again, we all enjoyed it. Thx Taste Tester!