1 hr 10 mins
When I was a child I loved coming home and smelling the special spice blend that goes into this. My Mum's recipe and officially called 'bread pudding' she always referred to it as 'Wet Nelly'. (She was a scouser so maybe that explains it!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break bread into large pieces.
- 2Place in a bowl and pour on enough cold water to cover, allow to stand for about 2 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4 (160° fan) and grease a tin measuring about 26cm x 18cm (10" x 7").
- 4Squeeze out as much water as possible from the bread.
- 5Place the bread in a large bowl and add all other ingredients and stir until very well mixed.
- 6Pour into the baking tin and cook in the oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until set.
- 7Cut into squares and serve hot with custard or cold with a cuppa!
- 8Pieces can be warmed in the microwave if you prefer it warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding ("wet Nelly")
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 469.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g