Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
simple and tasty
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf white bread
- 5 slices white bread
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- Tear bread into pieces, put into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix milk, eggs sugar and vanilla together, pour over bread pieces, being sure to soak well.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Place butter pats randomly on top.
- Bake in 350* oven for an hour- 1hr.
- 15 minutes or until puffed.
- Lt cool then add topping.
- TOPPING: 2 Tbls.
- cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water Boil until thick.
- Remove from heat, add 3/4 stick butter, 1 tsp.
- vanilla, stir until butter has melted, pour over top of pudding.
I made this at school and the kids really like it i added alot of cinnamon and little more sugar and while it was still hot kids had it disappeared in no time it went on my salad bar.
Excellent and super easy recipe! I added raisins and a bit of nutmeg and it came out wonderfully.... Thanks for posting :)
We have a lake home and at the end of the season we pull out whatever bread we have thrown in the freezer and make this. We don't even trim the bread crusts and even use left over hot dog buns. This tastes like frosted cinnamon rolls. num num