Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I use in my Zojirushi Bread Machine. It is healthy and delicious! I use a custom setting for home made bread as follows... preheat 15 mins... knead 30 min... 1st rise 45 min... 2nd rise 50 min... bake 40 min with light crust setting. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1⁄3 cup unfiltered raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (or rapid rise)
- Place ingredients in machine in order (in a Zojirushi -- otherwise follow manufacturer's instructions). Make a small indention for the yeast making sure it does not touch any liquid.
- Press start. Delicious bread in 3 hours :).
- Also works well with the timer feature. Put ingredients in at night and wake up to the smell of baking bread!