Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The wonderful aroma while this is baking makes it hard to wait for.
- 1 cup water, warmed
- 1 tablespoon water, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine put ingredients in, in order given.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing: add 1 to 2 TBL. of water or flour if needed.
- *Timer feature not recomended for this recipe.
- Recipe makes a 1-1/2lb. loaf.
A nice savory aromatic bread! This would make great croutons! Just cube the leftover bread toss in some olive oil and bake till crisp. I do suggest to set on a light bread setting.
instead of poppy seeds i added garlic powder. my boyfriend and i just loved this bread. didnt last very long in my place!
This bread was amazing! Since I bought my bread machine (for $1.50 at an auction!) I have been making bread like crazy! Some get tossed and some get devoured, this one got devoured! I did not add the poppy seeds, but did add 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder. I also did not use powdered milk, but 2T of regular 2% milk. And at about the last 20 minutes I brushed some melted butter over the top and sprinkled it with some of the dried onions. They got nice and crispy and let you know just what you were in for! P.S. My first review ever!! Thanks for the post!