72 hrs 15 mins
In response to a request. Plan ahead--these take a couple of days to prepare! From the ASIJ(American School in Japan) 90th Anniversary Cookbook, 1992
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1A couple of days ahead of time: cut up the baguette into very small pieces and let it dry completely.
- 2One day before cooking: warm up the milk and add to the dry bread crumbs.
- 3Warm up butter and add chopped onions and parsley.
- 4Cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the butter, onion, parsley, eggs, salt, and nutmeg to the bread.
- 6Knead until firm.
- 7Store overnight in a closed container, refrigerated.
- 8Day of preparation: Knead the dough again and form little balls.
- 9(Wet hands before forming the balls).
- 10Fill a large microwave-proof container with 1 cc.
- 11of hot salty water.
- 12Place the knodel in the container, cover with a lid and cook at the lowest setting for 10-15 mins.
- 13Drain and serve.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Dumplings (Semmelknodel) for the Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 776.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g