A genuine Czechoslovakian recipe, posted by request.
Make and share this Bread Dumplings (Houskove Knedliky) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs, salt& milk in a large mixing bowl; add flour gradually.
- Continue beating with a large spoon (the dough must be smooth& stiff enough to hold its shape).
- Stir in bread cubes last.
- Have a clean, wet towel ready.
- Shape the dough with wet hands into an oblong, roll in a towel& drop into a large kettle of salted boiling water.
- Boil, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the towel& slice the dumpling 1/2 inch thick (if not sliced immediately, the steam cannot escape& the dumplings will be soggy& hard).
- Keep hot until ready to serve.