1/3 Photos of Bread Dumplings (Houskove Knedliky)
Mary Scheffert's Note:
A genuine Czechoslovakian recipe, posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs, salt& milk in a large mixing bowl; add flour gradually.
- 2Continue beating with a large spoon (the dough must be smooth& stiff enough to hold its shape).
- 3Stir in bread cubes last.
- 4Have a clean, wet towel ready.
- 5Shape the dough with wet hands into an oblong, roll in a towel& drop into a large kettle of salted boiling water.
- 6Boil, covered, for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove the towel& slice the dumpling 1/2 inch thick (if not sliced immediately, the steam cannot escape& the dumplings will be soggy& hard).
- 8Keep hot until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Dumplings (Houskove Knedliky)
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g