1/1 Photo of Bread & Butter Peppers
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Forget Peter Piper, try Starr Milam's recipe. Published in Country Woman and posting here for safe keeping. The crunchy mix of sliced peppers gives a kick to salads, side dishes, and sandwich toppings. Cooking time includes the 2 hours for standing time. Guessing at number of servings. Chef #1391468 I do think you could find these peppers all year round (at least in AZ) and that is why I posted them here. This recipe took the grand prize for that issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onion, and salt; top with ice cubes.
- 2Let stand for 2 hours.
- 3Rinse and drain well.
- 4In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, mustard seed, and celery seed.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 6Pour over pepper mixture; cool.
- 7Pour into sterilized pint jars, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread & Butter Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1891.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g