- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 hard rolls (about 4-1/2 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, Jalapeno and chill powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the top fourth off of each roll and carefully hollow out the bottoms, leaving 1-1/2-in. shells.
- Cube the removed bread.
- Spoon the chili into bread bowls.
- Serve with cubed bread.