Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found at a down under sight.
Make and share this Bread and Butter Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Bring milk to boiling point in a small saucepan, DO NOT BOIL (known as 'scalding').
- Blend in cream and vanilla. Whisk eggs and sugar together in a bowl until creamy. Gradually whisk in milk mixture.
- Cut bread into quarters. Layer in a greased shallow casserole dish with sultanas an apples. Pour over milk mixture. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Place casserole dish in a baking dish. Add enough hot water to baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the casserole. Sprinkle pudding with combined sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set and golden. Serve with cream and fruit.
This is a very delicious bread pudding (no butter, despite its name!). We loved the addition of apples and who doesn't love a rum soaked raisin! Thanks Rita!
Made this for a dinner party and it was fabulous - I used fruit bread and added some dried cranberries - soaked the fruit in brandy and it gave it a hint of alcohol.. Served with icecream.. a hit with my chef parents!
ZWT 3---made this last night with help from husband...it was really hard to keep him from eating all the raisins. This recipe excelled in the pudding category as the cream added a richness not usually found in a bread pudding. I loved the addition of the apples along with the raisins and everyone declared it a hit. Thanks Rita, we will be having this dish again.