Recipe by messystation
My brother asked me to make these after eating some that a friend had bought commercially prepared. I found this recipe on recipecircus and had to modify due to some problems with the recipe. Once I tried them, I did not want to share! They are spicy and sweet and taste great on sandwiches and burgers. (Prep time includes veggie soaking).
- 2 lbs jalapenos
- 2 onions
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 teaspoons celery seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops of jalapenos and seed if you wish to have a less spicy product. If not, cut into rings.
- Cut onions into strips.
- Soak veggies for about an hour and cold pack into jars.
- Combine remaining ingredients on stovetop and bring to boil.
- Pour into jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace and cap.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.