1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch, thick slices
- 3 leeks
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise, into 1/2-inch, wide slices
- 3 yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise, into 1/2-inch, wide slices
- 3 medium yellow onions, seeded and sliced lengthwise, into 1/2-inch, wide slices
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch, thick slices
- 6 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- lime slice (to garnish)
- orange slice (to garnish)
- 1Heat a little veggie broth or water and add dried red peppers or crushed red pepper flakes, cumin and thyme; lower heat and cook 1 minute.
- 2Add sweet potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add leeks; cook 5 minutes more.
- 4Stir in bell peppers and onion, cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add lime juice, combine well and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Add tomato slices.
- 7Coat saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; set over low heat.
- 8Add beans and cook, stirring, until hot, about 3 minutes; drain.
- 9Place beans in a casserole or serving bowl; add vegetables.
- 10Garnish with lime or orange slices, cilantro sprigs; serve at once.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Vegetable Feijoada
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g