Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Very, very easy to double for large numbers of people. It can be served with rice or large flat breads for people to tear bits off and scoop up the curry. It can be frozen once cooked and cooled and the vegetables can be subbed 6 chicken breasts if you so desire.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and 2 cm dice
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss veg in a roasting tin with 2 tbsp of the the oil. Roast at 200C for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile begin making the sauce.
- Put the chilli, garlic, ginger and onion in a food processor and process to a rough paste.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion paste until the onions have softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and and cook for another 5 mins, if the sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little water, leave to one side until the veg is ready.
- When the veg is ready add the veg and the chickpeas to the sauce and heat through.