1/2 Photos of Brazilian Vegetable Curry With Spicy Tomato and Coconut Sauce
Very, very easy to double for large numbers of people. It can be served with rice or large flat breads for people to tear bits off and scoop up the curry. It can be frozen once cooked and cooled and the vegetables can be subbed 6 chicken breasts if you so desire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and 2 cm dice
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch gingerroot, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Toss veg in a roasting tin with 2 tbsp of the the oil. Roast at 200C for 40 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile begin making the sauce.
- 3Put the chilli, garlic, ginger and onion in a food processor and process to a rough paste.
- 4Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion paste until the onions have softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the coconut cream and and cook for another 5 mins, if the sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little water, leave to one side until the veg is ready.
- 6When the veg is ready add the veg and the chickpeas to the sauce and heat through.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Vegetable Curry With Spicy Tomato and Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: