Recipe by afr0bunny
this is a very flavorful and colorful dish....i always make it during exam week, or any other time when i want an effortless dinner
Top Review by AmbyDawn
This was a great recipe for an easy and different meal. I actually made this a long time ago and meant to rate it but forgot. My boyfriend doesn't care for the taste of it, but I can always eat the leftovers.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup rice (I use basmati)
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 10 tablespoons chicken stock or 10 tablespoons water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 packet goya sazon goya (the orange packet variety)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- season the chicken with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- heat oil in pot and brown the chicken.
- add garlic and orange zest, saute for about 30 seconds.
- add liquid and bring to boil.
- add rice, olive, and pimiento.
- return to boil.
- reduce head to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 30 minutes.
- garnish each serving with cilantro.