Wonderful main dish 'salad' to be served cold, but it's wonderful eaten warm too. A good Mexican rice and fresh cilantro are musts. So easy - this is my favorite thing to eat for any meal! It would be good for a side dish (omitting the chicken in lieu of grilled chicken) or can be adapted for a vegetarian diet.
- 226.79 g packagemexican-style chicken rice pilaf mix (look for Goya, Vigo or other Mexican-style rice in the Spanish or Mexican food section of your groce)
- 453.59 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml corn, canned or frozen
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 118.29 ml pitted black olives, sliced lengthwise
- 946.36 ml cooked diced chicken meat or 1 roasting chicken
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (or made into guacamole)
- sour cream (for garnishing)
- tortilla chips
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions.
- Add the black beans, corn, scallions, olives, chicken and cilantro into the rice and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Garnish with the avocado slices, salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.