This is a wonderful main dish for company or just when you want something a little special without a lot of fuss.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, minced
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of thick plastic wrap and pound until meat is 1/4" thick.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Season chicken with salt& pepper, then dust with flour.
- Saute chicken in oil till golden then remove to a platter.
- Pour off fat from pan.
- Remove pan from heat and add vodka, stir, return to heat and cook stirring until vodka is nearly gone to deglaze the pan.
- Add broth and lemon juice to pan.
- Return chicken to pan, cook each side 1 minute then transfer to a warm platter.
- Add tomatoes and cream to pan.
- Heat through, then pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle top with scallions for garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation