Top Review by Bergy
I loved the taste of the caraway-it gave just an added boost. Nice presentation with the red & green peppers. I browned & cooked the bratwurst, removed it from the pan then I fried the onions, almost carmelized them, added the spices and just before serving added the peppers for about 3 minutes so they were heated through but still crunchy. A do again recipe - Thanks RecipenutI left them whole this time - love the recipe
- 1 lb bratwurst, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add bratwurst; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center.
- Transfer bratwurst to plate.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet.
- Add bell pepper, onions, paprika and caraway seeds.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine bratwurst and vegetables.
- Serve immediately.