Cook1 hr 10 mins
I almost forgot I had this recipe. This is one that I like to make New Years, as the circle is the symbol of good luck for the year. The Brandy.... well that's to get you started.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml brandy
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml cornmeal
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml brandy
- 19.71-24.64 ml milk
- pecan halves (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Generously grease and sugar (Yes, I said SUGAR) a 10-inch tube pan. Pour amount of water in a 13x9 to come half way and place on bottom rack of oven. (This creates a steam in the oven and will make this dense cake really moist) Leave pan in oven during the cooking time as well.
- Beat together butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and brandy.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly to edges.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. (Surface will appear slightly wet.)
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove to rack to cool completely.
- To Prepare Brandy Glaze, Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and golden brown; cool slightly.
- Add powdered sugar, brandy and milk; beat until smooth.
- Drizzle cake with Brandy Glaze. Garnish, if desired. Store tightly covered.