Recipe by MizzNezz
Very elegant, very good! This is an easy recipe for a romantic dinner. You could also put the shrimp on picks for an appetizer.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut in cubes and softened
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan combine broth and shallots.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered for 3 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream and brandy.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking well.
- Stir in lemon juice and white pepper.
- In skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 4 minutes.
- Add sauce; heat through; sprinkle with chives.