Prep 12 mins
Cook 17 mins
Very elegant, very good! This is an easy recipe for a romantic dinner. You could also put the shrimp on picks for an appetizer.
- In saucepan combine broth and shallots.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered for 3 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream and brandy.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking well.
- Stir in lemon juice and white pepper.
- In skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 4 minutes.
- Add sauce; heat through; sprinkle with chives.
Served over pasta & was delish! Will finish it off with a splash of brandy right before plating next time. I really want that brandy flavor.
Made this tonight and served it over pasta. I didn't have chives but that didn't matter - this was quick easy but the best part was that it was delicious!. Definitely a keeper
I tried to cheat and used half and half instead of whipping cream, and smart balance margerine instead of butter, so the sauce was way too thin. It was still very flavorful though and I loved it. Served it over a bed of quinoa with roasted asparagus with feta on the side. Yum! Also, I halved the recipe and it was more than enough for two when served with a healthy amount of quinoa.