Recipe by Brandi Jones
A wonderful (not low fat!) casserole! It's very rich and the ultimate comfort food! Everyone I make it for loves it and wants the recipe. ENJOY!
Top Review by Dawn, New Zealand
A bit hesitant to add the full amount of cheese and butter. Thought I would have enough left over for the next day. Four of us enjoyed the lot. Will definitely make it again but just go light on the butter only. Thought it would be sloppy but no, and certainly a good talking point at the table. Enjoying the last of our old potatoes "downunder" before we dig our new spuds with mint sauce. Yum.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fresh chives or green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons salt; cook until tender.
- Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add in the butter, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Mix until combined on a low speed.
- Fold in beaten eggs and green onions OR chives pour into a greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until bubbly and puffy.
- Sprinkle with more chives OR green onions.