Recipe by Sherrybeth
As Emeril would say, these are carrots that have been "KICKED UP A NOTCH"! These are a requested dish at all our Thanksgiving get togethers.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄3 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (not concentrate)
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted (you can also use almonds instead)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch carrots in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain in colander and allow to cool.
- Once carrots are cooled, melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar to the butter and heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, stir in the orange juice and Grand Marnier. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- After three minutes, pour this mixture over the carrots which have been place in a serving dish.
- Stir lightly to coat.
- Top with toasted pecans and serve.