Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good and healthy muffin, when your on the run. I got this recipe from my sister and it has been passed down to me.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups natural bran
- 1 liter buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Cream together the first 2 ingredients.
- Then add the eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix in the brans and the dry ingredients.
- Pour enough boiling water over wheat bran, set aside.
- Store 24 hours before using.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
- Store in fridge up to 6 weeks.
- I bake a fresh batch in the morning, the rest of the batch is stored in the fridge for the next time.