Linette of New Zealand's alpine geothermal town of Hanmer Springs makes the very best Bran Date Muffins.... we swapped some recipes and I have made these for all our Hanmer visitors to rave reviews. If you don't wish to make 20-24 muffins then this mix can be used to make 12 muffins and 1 small loaf. Sultanas can be mixed into the date amount if preferred. Mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance and covered. refridgerated until use. Thanks Linette!
- Pre heat oven to 190 C (375 F).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in the chopped dates, unprocessed bran and sugar.
- Mix together the lightly beaten eggs, milk and vegetable oil, and then gently stir into the flour, date etc mix until only just combined.
- Spoon into a muffin pan and bake in a moderate to hot oven (190 C / 375 F) for about 20 minutes or until cooked.