Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from Morey Amsterdam's Benny Cooker Crock Book. Although the title comes from a joke from Amsterdam's night club act, the recipes are all genuine. This dish goes well with lamb, beef or chicken. I prefer a bit less salt and a bit more pepper.
Top Review by Dienia B.
wow oh wow these were good i need to make up a burger recipe just for these onions i made for 1 but was really sorry THANK YOU made for southern leg of the tour cakepops on parade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large onions, cut in slices about 2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat together over high heat until butter is melted.
- Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add Bourbon and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced.