1/4 Photos of Braised Whiskey Onions
Adapted from Morey Amsterdam's Benny Cooker Crock Book. Although the title comes from a joke from Amsterdam's night club act, the recipes are all genuine. This dish goes well with lamb, beef or chicken. I prefer a bit less salt and a bit more pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oil and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Heat together over high heat until butter is melted.
- 3Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add salt, pepper, and broth.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 6Add Bourbon and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Whiskey Onions
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 694.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g