1/5 Photos of Braised Red Cabbage with Red Onion and Apples
1 hr 15 mins
Posted in response to a request, taken from The New Canadian Basics Cookbook. The cookbook states this is a wonderful side dish to serve with pork, poultry and sausages, and I'd have to agree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil then add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Stir in cabbage, garlic and apples.
- 3Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt.
- 4Stir in stock, vinegar, sugar and bay leaf.
- 5Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until cabbage is soft and liquid has evaporated.
- 6Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Red Cabbage with Red Onion and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 130.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g