Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
for radish lovers.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- 3 cups radishes (1 lb)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray.
- heat over medium-low heat.
- add onions and thyme, cook 3 minutes.
- stir in radishes, cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- add wine.
- bring to a boil.
- cover, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes until radishes are tender.
- remove radishes with a slotted spoon.
- cook the wine mixture a few minutes more until reduced and thickened.
- remove from heat.
- stir in butter and salt to taste.
- pour over radishes, sprinkle with parsley.
As you see in the picture these are a very pretty pink. I thought braising the radishes would calm the bitterness but I find that they were more bitter. For the dry wine I used Vermouth. And I used yellow onion in place of the red. The recipe didn`t say to leave the radishes whole so I cut them in half. I think this would have been better if sliced. The cooking time was longer then 7 minutes I say closer to 15 minutes and still had a crisp crunch to them. If you like radishes like I do you should give Chia`s creamy radish slaw recipe #88912. Very good.