3 hrs 15 mins
This is from foodtv show "Good Deal with Dave Lieberman".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy pot with a lid (Dutch oven) over high heat. Brown the ribs on all sides, in batches if necessary. Remove the ribs and pour off all but a couple tablespoons of the rendered fat.
- 2Return the pot to the stove, lower the heat to medium and saute the garlic and ginger for about 3 minutes. Add the ribs back to the pot. Add the beer and the vinegar. Stir and then cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- 3Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 4Pour the hoisin sauce over the ribs, move the pot to the oven, and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove ribs and ginger from sauce. Strain fat from the top of the pot so that you're left with just the good stuff.
- 6Serve with Creamy Mashed Yukons and Sesame Snow Peas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Hoisin Beer Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1528.2
- Calories from Fat 1211
- Total Fat 134.5 g
- Saturated Fat 55.1 g
- Cholesterol 259.5 mg
- Sodium 688.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 50.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar