Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from foodtv show "Good Deal with Dave Lieberman".
Make and share this Braised Hoisin Beer Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy pot with a lid (Dutch oven) over high heat. Brown the ribs on all sides, in batches if necessary. Remove the ribs and pour off all but a couple tablespoons of the rendered fat.
- Return the pot to the stove, lower the heat to medium and saute the garlic and ginger for about 3 minutes. Add the ribs back to the pot. Add the beer and the vinegar. Stir and then cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the hoisin sauce over the ribs, move the pot to the oven, and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs and ginger from sauce. Strain fat from the top of the pot so that you're left with just the good stuff.
- Serve with Creamy Mashed Yukons and Sesame Snow Peas.