1/2 Photos of Braised Chicken Wings
The Flying Chef's Note:
I was only cooking for 3 so I did 10 wings cut in half and 5 large ribs chopped in half to make 10 and this perfect for us, so just adjust for how many you are serving. If you wanted to make these for 4 and were not making ribs as well I would allow for 3 wings per person, so a total of 12 chopped in half and I would make some stir fried rice to accompany. The sauce ingredients I have listed below would be plenty for the extra chicken. If serving with other asian dishes 12 wings would be about right for 6 people and this would also be the case if serving as a stater with no rice. It really just depends in appetites so adjust accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken wings, cut in half, tips removed if not already
- 5 whole dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water to soften
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 250 bean sprouts (optional to serve chicken over) (optional)
- 1Drain mushrooms, squeeze out excess water, discard stems and slice caps.
- 2Heat oil in a wok until it just reaches smoking point, add chicken, onions and ginger. Stir fry until chicken just changes colour, add soy sauce, sherry, sugar, five spice powder and water.
- 3Turn down the heat and cook gently about 15-20 min's until chicken is cooked through, add mushrooms, stir fry a few minutes more.
- 4While chicken is cooking, if making bean sprouts heat a small amount of oil in another pan, cook, turning and stirring occasionally until sprouts are just soft.
- 5Remove chicken from wok and keep warm, mix a little water with corn flour add to sauce and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6To Serve: Place sprouts on a serving platter top with chicken and pour sauce over, serve immediately. Garnish with extra green onions if so desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: