Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pol Martin Cookbook: Easy Cooking for Today
Make and share this Braised Chicken Mama Knox recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 -5 lbs whole chickens, cut into 10 pieces, skinned and cleaned
- 1 onion, peeled and coarsely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups beef stock, heated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 cup parisienne potato
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom cap (small)
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 pinch sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- preheat oven to 375*F (190*).
- heat oil in large ovenproof casserole. when hot, add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
- turn pieces over, continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
- add onions, and butter, cook 6 to 7 minutes.
- pour in beef stock and add herbs, bring to a boil.
- mix in tomato paste and simmer 1 minute over low heat.
- place casserole in oven and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- add carrots and potatoes, continue cooking covered for 15 minutes.
- add mushrooms and finish cooking 5 minutes.