Recipe by Fronie
from Pioneer Woman Hands-on time: 15 min.; Total time: 4 hr., 35 min. (plus 1 day for chilling). Can't find a large brisket? Substitute two smaller ones that equal the same weight. This makes a lot, so try one of our other recipes using the leftovers.
- 2 (822.13 g) can low sodium beef broth
- 236.59 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml hickory liquid smoke (optional)
- 3175.14-4082.33 g beef brisket
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients and, if desired, liquid smoke in a large roasting pan. Place brisket in pan, fat side up. Spoon liquid over brisket. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and chill 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Bake brisket, covered, 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until fork-tender. Uncover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Transfer brisket to a cutting board. Trim fat from brisket. Cut brisket across the grain into thin slices. (Or cut brisket into large pieces, and shred with two forks.) Pour pan drippings through a wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Serve brisket with drippings. Garnish, if desired.