Prep 120 hrs 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 7 ounces lettuce leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 7 ounces green beans, trimmed,lightly cooked
- 6 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ounces black olives, pitted
- 4 tablespoons citrus fruit oil, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
CITRUS FRUIT OIL
- 16 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, washed thoroughly,zest only
- 1 lime, washed thoroughly,zest only
- 1 orange, washed thoroughly,zest only
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary, rinsed
- 6 -8 peppercorns
- ---To Make the Citrus Fruit Oil---.
- Half fill a bottle with the olive oil.
- Carefully insert the zest into the oil, using a skewer to position if the neck of the bottle is too narrow.
- Finally, push the rosemary sprigs into the oil- you may find that they float to the top.
- Add the peppercorns and then stir the mixture with the skewer.
- Seal the bottle and refrigerate for at least 5 days before using.
- Keep refrigerated once opened.
- ---To Make the Salad---.
- Shell the eggs and cut into quarters.
- Line four salad bowls with the lettuce.
- Separate the tuna into chunks and arrange in one section of each bowl.
- Arrange the beans, tomatoes, onion and olives in the other sections of the bowl.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar and pour over the salads.