Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas or 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (seems like alot but isn't salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb sliced lean ham, cut into slivers
- Bring large of lightly salted water to boiling.
- Add pasta; cook 12 minutes or until firm but tender.
- Add peas for last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water; drain water.
- Meanwhile, shake together flour and milk in jar with tight-fitting lid until blended.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk mixture.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, whisking, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss together pasta, peas or broccoli, sauce and ham in large bowl.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water, tossing to make creamy sauce.
- Top with remaining parmesan.
- Serve hot.
Spectacular. We really enjoyed this meal so much. I chose to use the peas instead of broccoli. Loved the creamy garlic alfredo sauce. The ham just rounded out this incredible tasting dish. Thanks RecipeNut.
My kind of meal! I made it exactly as stated using peas instead of the broccoli. The alfredo sauce was so rich and creamy. This is an easy dish to make and oh so flavorful, something I will be making over and over again. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. :-)
Wow, the garlic really stood out in this recipe! I used fresh garden peas and bacon when I made it. The other nice thing about this dish was how quickly it came together. I went from chopping the bacon to licking my plate clean in half an hour.