Top Review by Laylagirl
Spectacular. We really enjoyed this meal so much. I chose to use the peas instead of broccoli. Loved the creamy garlic alfredo sauce. The ham just rounded out this incredible tasting dish. Thanks RecipeNut.
- 3⁄4 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas or 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (seems like alot but isn't salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb sliced lean ham, cut into slivers
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large of lightly salted water to boiling.
- Add pasta; cook 12 minutes or until firm but tender.
- Add peas for last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water; drain water.
- Meanwhile, shake together flour and milk in jar with tight-fitting lid until blended.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk mixture.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, whisking, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss together pasta, peas or broccoli, sauce and ham in large bowl.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water, tossing to make creamy sauce.
- Top with remaining parmesan.
- Serve hot.