Pasta with Mushrooms, Ham and Peas
photo by anme7039
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb white mushroom, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 5 -6 cups bow tie pasta (or other short dried pasta)
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cans chopped cooked ham
- In a large skillet (preferably nonstick), heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and ham.
- Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain; return pasta to saucepan.
- Add mushroom-ham mixture, peas, chicken broth and pepper; cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, add grated cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this with leftover ham after Christmas. We had company over, and thank goodness I made 1.5 times the recipe. Everyone had seconds - even the kids! I think some might have even sneaked thirds. Everyone complimented the dish for its heartiness. This was a very tasty recipe, and one I'll make again. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
see 5 more reviews
This was a very good & very satisfying meal, especially considering this is a lowfat dish. I really enjoyed the combination of ingredients - the chicken broth really gave the sauce a nice flavor and the vegetables were very colorful. This was also very economical. I used leftover chunks of ham instead of the canned ham. Thanks for a delightful family dinner!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am retired and living in central Florida. I am in the process of becoming a Master Chef (but have a long way to go!). Christmas has emphasized my pet peeve..i.e., waiting in lines.