Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Broccoli, edamame (soy beans)celery and onions cooked, added to bow tie pasta. Tuna or crab can be added if desired. Can be served cold or hot.
- 473.18 ml dry bow tie pasta
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 473.18 ml edamame, with pod shelled or 236.59 ml edamame, shelled
- 473.18 ml chopped celery
- 78.07 ml melted butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 0.59 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml salt or 3.69 ml salt substitute
- 22.18 ml tone's dry dry buttermilk
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml ranch dressing (optional)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bow tie pasta until ala dente,drain.
- In same pot cook broccoli, shelled edamame, celery in 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- In small bowl, mix butter or margarine with curry powder. Whisk well; set aside.
- Pour pasta into round large baking dish.
- Toss with butter or margarine mixture. When you do that the dish is also greased.
- Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Mix dressing in bowl with whisk.
- Add dressing and mix with pasta vegetable mixture.
- Note: Use Ranch dressing and add to mixture if you wish. DO NOT USE BOTH.
- Add optional drained chunk tuna or lump crab meat if desired.
- Add cheese over the top.
- If you want to serve hot, cook covered 375°F for 30 minutes.
- To serve cool, cover for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Note: I take 1 cup cook broccoli florets and put them on a cutting board and chop fine and then add in to the pasta. It makes the color of the dish and the dressing really beautiful and appetizing.
- This is a meal with hot crusty garlic bread or buns.