Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Broccoli, edamame (soy beans)celery and onions cooked, added to bow tie pasta. Tuna or crab can be added if desired. Can be served cold or hot.
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups edamame, with pod shelled or 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tone's dry dry buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Cook bow tie pasta until ala dente,drain.
- In same pot cook broccoli, shelled edamame, celery in 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- In small bowl, mix butter or margarine with curry powder. Whisk well; set aside.
- Pour pasta into round large baking dish.
- Toss with butter or margarine mixture. When you do that the dish is also greased.
- Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Mix dressing in bowl with whisk.
- Add dressing and mix with pasta vegetable mixture.
- Note: Use Ranch dressing and add to mixture if you wish. DO NOT USE BOTH.
- Add optional drained chunk tuna or lump crab meat if desired.
- Add cheese over the top.
- If you want to serve hot, cook covered 375°F for 30 minutes.
- To serve cool, cover for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Note: I take 1 cup cook broccoli florets and put them on a cutting board and chop fine and then add in to the pasta. It makes the color of the dish and the dressing really beautiful and appetizing.
- This is a meal with hot crusty garlic bread or buns.