1/1 Photo of Bow Tie Pasta/Green Vegetables in Buttermilk Sauce
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Broccoli, edamame (soy beans)celery and onions cooked, added to bow tie pasta. Tuna or crab can be added if desired. Can be served cold or hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups edamame, with pod shelled or 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/3 cup melted butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or 3/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tone's dry dry buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- 1Cook bow tie pasta until ala dente,drain.
- 2In same pot cook broccoli, shelled edamame, celery in 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- 3In small bowl, mix butter or margarine with curry powder. Whisk well; set aside.
- 4Pour pasta into round large baking dish.
- 5Toss with butter or margarine mixture. When you do that the dish is also greased.
- 6Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- 7Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- 8Mix dressing in bowl with whisk.
- 9Add dressing and mix with pasta vegetable mixture.
- 10Note: Use Ranch dressing and add to mixture if you wish. DO NOT USE BOTH.
- 11Add optional drained chunk tuna or lump crab meat if desired.
- 12Add cheese over the top.
- 13If you want to serve hot, cook covered 375°F for 30 minutes.
- 14To serve cool, cover for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- 15Note: I take 1 cup cook broccoli florets and put them on a cutting board and chop fine and then add in to the pasta. It makes the color of the dish and the dressing really beautiful and appetizing.
- 16This is a meal with hot crusty garlic bread or buns.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Pasta/Green Vegetables in Buttermilk Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.0
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 947.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g