Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sinful.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled & cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 (5 ounce) packagesboursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs, softened
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, heated
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Return the potatoes to the pot and cook over low heat for 30 seconds or so to evaporate any water that may be remaining on the potatoes.
- With a mixer, beat the potatoes until they are smooth. Add the two containers of Boursin cheese and continue beating until thoroughly incorporated. Thin the potatoes by beating in the milk or half-and-half. Season the potatoes with pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to an ovenproof casserole and cover.
- You may rewarm the potatoes either by baking in a 350 degree F. oven or by microwaving until piping hot. Serve at once.