Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This cheese ball is different from any other that I've had so I thought I would post it here for safe keeping. ***It must be chilled several hours before serving, so adjust your preparations accordingly*** I serve this with toast points or with crackers. This recipe is easily halved AND you can use "light" cream cheese in place of regular cream cheese without changing the flavor.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup lemon pepper seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the lemon pepper and blend well.
- Shape this mixture into a ball.
- Put the cup of lemon pepper in a bowl large enough to roll the ball inches.
- Roll the ball in the lemon pepper to coat the ball thoroughly.
- Place the coated cheese ball in the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.