Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 31 mins
A bourbon-based BBQ sauce, great for meatballs, as a marinade or topping. This should be enough sauce for about 2 pounds of meatballs!
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup good bourbon whiskey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups pizza sauce or 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- In a sauce pan, cook the onions, garlic and bourbon on medium heat for 6 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sauce pan and bring to a boil. (about 2 minutes).
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Optional: pour over 2 pounds of cooked meatballs in a slow-cooker on low for parties.