A bourbon-based BBQ sauce, great for meatballs, as a marinade or topping. This should be enough sauce for about 2 pounds of meatballs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup good bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups pizza sauce or 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1In a sauce pan, cook the onions, garlic and bourbon on medium heat for 6 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients to the sauce pan and bring to a boil. (about 2 minutes).
- 3Simmer on medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- 4Optional: pour over 2 pounds of cooked meatballs in a slow-cooker on low for parties.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 452.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g