A remarkable desert sauce that's incredible over bread pudding, fruit, ice cream, apple pie or any plain cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl or the bowl of your electric mixer combine eggs, yolks and sugar, whisk to combine.
- 2Place your mixing bowl over a pan of hot water over low heat and stir continuously until it reaches 165°F.
- 3I like to start the water off at well below the boiling point and slowly raise the temperature until it's just shy of boiling.
- 4Do not whisk this mixture too much at this stage or you will incorporate too much air and take too long to heat.
- 5If water starts to boil or you see steam coming off your mixture remove from the heat for a few seconds and whisk.
- 6Getting this mixture too hot will cause eggs to cook.
- 7After desired temperature is reached, use the whip attachment for your electric mixer and beat on high speed until thick and cooled to just warm to the touch.
- 8Beat in vanilla and optional bourbon, serve ASAP.
- 9The mixture will keep in the fridge for a day or so before it starts to separate.
- 10Variations: Use rum, flavored liqueur or various extracts in lieu of bourbon.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Sauce for Bread Pudding and Bread Pudding Soufflé
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g