Easy, flavorful recipe for chicken lovers
Make and share this Bourbon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Heat oil in large pot and add diced chicken. Lightly brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside, drain out excess liquid from pot.
- Add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and soy sauce to the pot and heat over medium flame.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce, add corn starch and water.
- Serve over rice.