- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Heat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic salt on both sides. Place skin side up in 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes, then turn pieces. Bake an additional 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- If the chicken begins to brown too much, cover the pan with foil for the last 15 or 20 minutes.
- Note.I cut up a 5lb chicken and used the legs, thighs and wings. I removed the skin from the thighs, but left it on the other pieces. All were equally juicy and delicious.
Join The Conversation
This was so incredibly good! I did add a few things, but used the original recipe as a base. I used chicken thighs, sprinkled them with garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, soy sauce (as another reviewer suggested), ground ginger and then the brown sugar. It was wonderful. I realized I changed the recipe a bit, but couldn't make a comment without giving stars. This was good and thank you!
Excellent recipe. I used chicken wings for this. I love the sweet and sticky coating of the chicken. It is so good. One thing I might do next time is to marinate the chicken with garlic salt for a little longer time so that the inside of the chicken will be more tasty. Another reason why i love this recipe is it is so easy. I only left the chicken wings in the oven for 25 mins and they were pretty much all done.
Oh, so easy and very tasty! I used chicken leg quarters and cooked on a rack in my roasting pan. I flipped the pieces back over in the last 10 minutes just to make sure the skin was nice and crispy. So yummy! I think I will try patting the brown sugar on the chicken, kind of like a thin crust, rather than sprinkling it on the top for more flavor. Thanks!