1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Rose's Granddaughter's Note:
My husband has always sworn that he hates meat loaf. I came across a recipe in a Campbell Soup cook book and changed it to his taste. Now he wants this meat loaf every week and absolutely loves it. It stays moist and reheats very well so we can make a large batch of it at a time. We add it to omelets in the morning and make sandwiches out of it for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed low-sodium tomato soup
- 2 -3 lbs lean ground beef, about 7%
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed lightly
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (can buy these frozen for no-prep work)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh or dry works)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 egg, slightly beaten (for two pound meat use one egg, for three pounds, use 2 eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- 1Combine all ingredients; mix THOROUGHLY.
- 2Shape FIRMLY into a shallow baking pan or casserole dish.
- 3Bake in 350 degree oven, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4During last half hour of cooking, drain excess juice. Can use this later as a sauce if desired.
- 5Recommend that you use a thermometer to check the center of meatloaf frequently.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bo's Favorite Meatloaf - for Meatloaf Haters
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: