Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband has always sworn that he hates meat loaf. I came across a recipe in a Campbell Soup cook book and changed it to his taste. Now he wants this meat loaf every week and absolutely loves it. It stays moist and reheats very well so we can make a large batch of it at a time. We add it to omelets in the morning and make sandwiches out of it for lunch.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed low-sodium tomato soup
- 2 -3 lbs lean ground beef, about 7%
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed lightly
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (can buy these frozen for no-prep work)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh or dry works)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 egg, slightly beaten (for two pound meat use one egg, for three pounds, use 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- Combine all ingredients; mix THOROUGHLY.
- Shape FIRMLY into a shallow baking pan or casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- During last half hour of cooking, drain excess juice. Can use this later as a sauce if desired.
- Recommend that you use a thermometer to check the center of meatloaf frequently.
I subbed panko bread crumbs for the cornflakes.
Yummy meatloaf, and some compliments proclaiming it as "the best they've ever had."
This was a really good supper! We found it was a bit TOO moist, so next time I think I will try it with the quick oats instead of the corn flakes. My kids, my husband and I all really loved the flavour though... glad there were leftovers!
My fiancee loved the recipe, but my mom said she would have liked it without the garlic next time. Either way, I'll make it again, but this time, I think I'll put in garlic salt to sub for the garlic. :) Great recipe!!